Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete a child account

I want to delete a child account from my Apple id

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 5:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 6:45 AM

One way to do this would be to log into the unwanted "child" account and request deletion of the Apple ID. You should have the ID and password from when you first set up the account, or can recover the password according to information provided in the referenced links below.

From: How to delete your Apple ID account - How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Section: Can I delete my child’s account?

"Your child can also request deletion of their Apple ID, which requires your approval."

If you have problems doing that then contact Apple about this request: Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product and work your way down the menu to the desired issue. If you don't see one then try a different product until you reach a telephone or chat help request and ask to be redirected.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2023 6:45 AM in response to Joeysuglia

One way to do this would be to log into the unwanted "child" account and request deletion of the Apple ID. You should have the ID and password from when you first set up the account, or can recover the password according to information provided in the referenced links below.

From: How to delete your Apple ID account - How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Section: Can I delete my child’s account?

"Your child can also request deletion of their Apple ID, which requires your approval."

If you have problems doing that then contact Apple about this request: Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product and work your way down the menu to the desired issue. If you don't see one then try a different product until you reach a telephone or chat help request and ask to be redirected.

How to delete a child account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.