Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

received a fake iPhone

I received a fake iphone from Apple store

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 2:17 PM

Now I am very worried, I have complained to the Apple store people, they don't know how long they will solve my problem

16 replies

Jan 9, 2023 11:05 AM in response to Hamza_phone2

I saw the original photos. The phone looks iffy, but not conclusive from one image.

The box, however, was clearly not anything produced by Apple. Yours had a large label in the center. With big air bubbles no less. Apple would never allow anything that sloppy to pass through production.

This is what a real box looks like on the back. Borrowed from a current eBay auction, so I scrambled the IEMI and other info. Note the only paper part on a real box is where you pull the tabs top and bottom. Everything from where it says "Includes:" down to the codes are printed directly on the box.

Jan 9, 2023 2:22 PM in response to Hamza_phone2

Can't really tell from the phone, but it also has a glass/plastic screen protector on it. The pull tab is at the upper left waiting to pull the disposable top sheet off.

Apple does not ship phones that way. The user has to purchase and apply those themselves.

If it is a real phone, it appears (and I am guessing here) you got a used, or possibly lost/stolen phone in a counterfeit box.

If you turn the phone on, can you even get to the home screen? If you can, is it possible to connect to the App Store? If not, or it sends you to the Google Play Store, it's an Android phone made to look like an iPhone.

received a fake iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.