Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud backup delete

i have a new iphone and icloud backup from old phone. i transfered data with quick start. if i delete old backup icloud without creating first new one on new device will everything be deleted from icloud?

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 11:02 AM

re "my data from iCloud won’t be deleted if I first delete the backup ..."

Sorry, I don't understand; if you delete a backup from iCloud the data in that backup is deleted from iCloud.

If you then later do another iCloud Backup, the data on the phone at that time will be in the new backup.

The following may help.

You were originally discussing two phones. If you delete an iCloud Backup of one phone, that has no effect on the iCloud Backup of another phone (in the situation where you have backed up both phones to iCloud). The backups are stored separately on iCloud and what you do to one has no effect on the other.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2023 11:02 AM in response to _SoftCell

re "my data from iCloud won’t be deleted if I first delete the backup ..."

Sorry, I don't understand; if you delete a backup from iCloud the data in that backup is deleted from iCloud.

If you then later do another iCloud Backup, the data on the phone at that time will be in the new backup.

The following may help.

You were originally discussing two phones. If you delete an iCloud Backup of one phone, that has no effect on the iCloud Backup of another phone (in the situation where you have backed up both phones to iCloud). The backups are stored separately on iCloud and what you do to one has no effect on the other.

iCloud backup delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.