Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

changing highlight colors

How do i change this pastel yellow color

back to the default grey?

It’s the same in Safari in the tabs...

when you do a cursor roll-over, the tab

color changes to the pastel yellow.

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 9:37 AM

2 replies

Jan 7, 2023 8:44 PM in response to SlippySlope

SlippySlope wrote:

How do i change this pastel yellow color
back to the default grey?
It’s the same in Safari in the tabs...
when you do a cursor roll-over, the tab
color changes to the pastel yellow.

You neglect to say what exact operating system...

OS X early macOS >System Preferences > General>Highlight color

macOS Ventura 13.1 >System Settings>Appearance>Highlight Color

See if Accessibility>Display feature got moved off of Normal...(?) or some such in Accessibility.

If no insight or resolve, to trouble shoot further you can:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test.

This test will tell you if third party interference; extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Jan 8, 2023 9:55 AM in response to leroydouglas

Thank you leroydouglas. Sorry I didn’t specify OS (I selected topic as macOS Ventura so I thought that would show up). But thanks for the excellent guidance (I’m searching for a solution to my degrading vision and the grey-on-Grey stuff may be ascetically pleasing to some - it was to me at onetime- but not with my macular degeneration. I’ll go through your great suggestions

changing highlight colors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.