Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The New iPad versus using a MacBook pro

Does anyone have any input regarding the use or replacement of the MacBook pro with the new iPad?

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 12:50 PM

I think it depends on how you plan to use the device. The MacBook Pro will give you many more functions that the iPad. Personally I can't imagine substituting an iPad for a computer, but again, it depends on how you plan to use the device.

3 replies

Jan 9, 2023 7:36 AM in response to Braffety

You need to evaluate what you need to do and how feasible it is to do it on an ipad…

For several years, my go to laptop was a 12” MacBook. Keep in mind that it was not my primary machine. My primary personal machine is an iMac, my primary work machine is a Windows Box issued by the company. I used the MacBook for both personal and work functions. I’m an IT manager…

I got a deal on an 11” iPad Pro and Smart Keyboard folio over the summer and started transitioning over.

For what I do, the iPad works great! Of course the M1 iPad Pro is significantly more powerful than the CPU in the 12” MacBook, so there’s that… I can also do pretty much everything I need to using apps available from the App Store. The only thing that’s marginally less convenient is dealing with remote connections to servers and PCs due to not having an actual mouse, but it’s doable, and if it really came down to it, I could connect a Bluetooth mouse if I had to.

The New iPad versus using a MacBook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.