Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover my iPhone from the person that found it in lost mode?

How do I recover my phone from the person that found my phone in lost mode? But they haven’t contacted myself

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 11:34 AM

Do not remove it; as long as your phone is linked to your Apple ID it is protected by Activation Lock, which blocks anyone from using it.

Here is Apples lost/stolen recommendations→If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Also, beware of a common phishing scam: You may get a text or email from “Apple” or “Apple Security” (or sometimes “Police”) saying your phone has been found and to click on a link to see its location. This is NEVER from Apple or from law enforcement; it is from the thief or fence to steal your Apple ID and identity. Delete any such message without responding to it. Apple never gets involved in lost or stolen devices→Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2023 11:34 AM in response to devin_anthony

Do not remove it; as long as your phone is linked to your Apple ID it is protected by Activation Lock, which blocks anyone from using it.

Here is Apples lost/stolen recommendations→If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Also, beware of a common phishing scam: You may get a text or email from “Apple” or “Apple Security” (or sometimes “Police”) saying your phone has been found and to click on a link to see its location. This is NEVER from Apple or from law enforcement; it is from the thief or fence to steal your Apple ID and identity. Delete any such message without responding to it. Apple never gets involved in lost or stolen devices→Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

How do I recover my iPhone from the person that found it in lost mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.