You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am nfc tag popped up on my phone but I have no other devices around?

This nfc tag detected notification popped up while I was inside my house, however there’s no other electronic devices in my room besides a Nintendo switch and a tv.

From my understanding you have to be within a close radius for your phone to scan a nfc tag.. Any ideas on what this is and how it happened?

My phone is running on the latest iOS…

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 11:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 3:01 PM

Hey there bon36,

We understand you're seeing an alert indicating that an NFC tag was detected. We'd be happy to provide information about this.

If you carry a debit or credit card with you in the same pocket as your iPhone, it's possible that it's detecting it. The NFC tag would have to be directly in contact with your iPhone in order to trigger this alert.

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 9, 2023 3:01 PM in response to bon36

Hey there bon36,

We understand you're seeing an alert indicating that an NFC tag was detected. We'd be happy to provide information about this.

If you carry a debit or credit card with you in the same pocket as your iPhone, it's possible that it's detecting it. The NFC tag would have to be directly in contact with your iPhone in order to trigger this alert.

Regards.

Am nfc tag popped up on my phone but I have no other devices around?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.