Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need Itunes to access my Apple TV

Do I need an ITunes account to access my Apple TV account?

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 2:33 PM

You will need an Apple ID account that is ready for iTunes Store services. In some UI places, that might be referred to as an “iTunes account”. It means that your Apple ID account should have full user details as asked, a verified email address (respond to test message), and a valid payment method linked. For using subscription services (including free trials), the payment method should support automatic and periodical charges.

If you already have an Apple ID account, then use that. Else create a new one. When configured through select smart TVs or streaming devices, you may be asked to complete the setup through the site activate.apple.com.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

↳ Create an Apple ID on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

↳ Create an Apple ID on Mac

↳ Create an Apple ID on a Windows PC

↳ Create an Apple ID on a streaming device or on the web

↳ If you see a message that you need to sign in to iTunes

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2023 2:33 PM in response to Jules_cranborne

You will need an Apple ID account that is ready for iTunes Store services. In some UI places, that might be referred to as an “iTunes account”. It means that your Apple ID account should have full user details as asked, a verified email address (respond to test message), and a valid payment method linked. For using subscription services (including free trials), the payment method should support automatic and periodical charges.

If you already have an Apple ID account, then use that. Else create a new one. When configured through select smart TVs or streaming devices, you may be asked to complete the setup through the site activate.apple.com.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

↳ Create an Apple ID on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

↳ Create an Apple ID on Mac

↳ Create an Apple ID on a Windows PC

↳ Create an Apple ID on a streaming device or on the web

↳ If you see a message that you need to sign in to iTunes

Do I need Itunes to access my Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.