Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Internet Connection Problems

Hello! My iPad Air (4th gen) is not connecting to the internet. My iPhone, husbands android (I know it’s embarrassing), our gaming consoles, and really all electronics are connected to the same wifi server and doing just fine.

When I try to connect to (any internet) the wifi my iPad comes up with a message saying “no internet connection”. It might connect for 1/4 second before this message appears, but often no connection at all.

I have unplugged the router, turned the iPad off and on, turned the wifi off and on, and even let the iPad completely run out of battery and then recharge it. No improvements.

I also tried to connect the iPad to my hotspot with no avail. Other wifi networks bring up the same message.

iPad Air 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 9:21 PM

Moonsyrup Said:

"iPad Internet Connection Problems: Hello! My iPad Air (4th gen) is not connecting to the internet. My iPhone, husbands android (I know it’s embarrassing), our gaming consoles, and really all electronics are connected to the same wifi server and doing just fine. [...]I also tried to connect the iPad to my hotspot with no avail. Other wifi networks bring up the same message."

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Troubleshooting iPad WiFi:

A. Delete a VPN:

VPN is a common a culprit. So, disconnect from it, unless required for work, school, and such.

B. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

C. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If Wifi is disconnecting, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and CookiesGo Here: Clear your Safari Browser History and Set Up Content Blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

D. Restart your Router:

Restart you router by mowing it off for 30 seconds, and the powering it back on.

E. Report this to Apple:

Did you just update your device?

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPad - Apple
  2. Comment: that it is after installing the update when the issue began. Include the URL of this thread.
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2023 9:21 PM in response to Moonsyrup

Moonsyrup Said:

"iPad Internet Connection Problems: Hello! My iPad Air (4th gen) is not connecting to the internet. My iPhone, husbands android (I know it’s embarrassing), our gaming consoles, and really all electronics are connected to the same wifi server and doing just fine. [...]I also tried to connect the iPad to my hotspot with no avail. Other wifi networks bring up the same message."

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Troubleshooting iPad WiFi:

A. Delete a VPN:

VPN is a common a culprit. So, disconnect from it, unless required for work, school, and such.

B. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

C. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If Wifi is disconnecting, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and CookiesGo Here: Clear your Safari Browser History and Set Up Content Blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

D. Restart your Router:

Restart you router by mowing it off for 30 seconds, and the powering it back on.

E. Report this to Apple:

Did you just update your device?

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPad - Apple
  2. Comment: that it is after installing the update when the issue began. Include the URL of this thread.
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

iPad Internet Connection Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.