Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+

I have watched the first 8 episodes of Echo 3 on Apple TV+. The next week when I tried to play episode 9 I wasn't able to. Episode 9 came with 'How to Watch' and 'Up Next. When I come 'Up Next' nothing happened.

What's up?

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 8:29 PM

Episode 9 should be available in all countries and regions where Apple TV+ is available, since Friday, as far as I know. It shouldn’t behave differently than any other show from the Apple TV+ catalog.

Note that several shows have a free-to-watch first episode, so do not use ep.1 or ep.2 as a test. Instead, use a later episode as a test.

If you see the How to Watch blurb, then that would normally mean that you are either not signed in to the app on this device, or no subscription for this is listed on the active account in the app on this device.

If you are convinced that this part is nevertheless entered correctly, then something else weird is going on. At this time, I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2023 8:29 PM in response to dunboy48

Episode 9 should be available in all countries and regions where Apple TV+ is available, since Friday, as far as I know. It shouldn’t behave differently than any other show from the Apple TV+ catalog.

Note that several shows have a free-to-watch first episode, so do not use ep.1 or ep.2 as a test. Instead, use a later episode as a test.

If you see the How to Watch blurb, then that would normally mean that you are either not signed in to the app on this device, or no subscription for this is listed on the active account in the app on this device.

If you are convinced that this part is nevertheless entered correctly, then something else weird is going on. At this time, I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Jan 7, 2023 7:52 PM in response to dunboy48

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Appletv+ is installed on my Sony TV which uses an Android operating system.

I checked the settings and I see I am a subscriber.

I am puzzled as I can rewatch episodes of Slow Horses and Shantaram shows I've previously viewed on the Appletv+ app without a problem.

But when I choose Echo3, having watched 8 episodes, I can't watch episode 9.

When I choose Echo3 there are two information boxes, Play Free Episode. and In Up Next.

All the series episodes are shown below, 1 to 10. When I select episode 9 there is an information box. How To Watch. When I click on that it reads: You can buy, rent, or subscribe in the Apple TV app on iPhone, iPad, and other streaming devices.

But, as far as I can tell, I am already a subscriber and I wish to watch on my TV as I have previously done.

Apple TV+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.