Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parental controls

My mom has parental controls on my phone..totally fine, but I can’t even update any of my apps without her Apple ID password. My mom doesn’t have time to go through all of my apps and update them, and she agreed to turn it off, but she has turned off every parental control and I still can’t update or redownload apps without her password. What do we do?

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 7:56 PM

Allison_2005- Said:

"Parental controls: My mom has parental controls on my phone..totally fine, but I can’t even update any of my apps without her Apple ID password. My mom doesn’t have time to go through all of my apps and update them, and she agreed to turn it off, but she has turned off every parental control and I still can’t update or redownload apps without her password. What do we do?"

-------

Screen Time is the Culprit:

Disable Screen Time, and then restart the device performing all of this.  Screen Time is found in Settings.

Try manually restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

Disabling Screentime:

• Go Here: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  • As it Reads: "To change or turn off the passcode on your child's device, go to Settings > Screen Time and tap your child's name. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn Off Screen Time Passcode, and authenticate the change with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode."
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2023 7:56 PM in response to Allison_2005-

Allison_2005- Said:

"Parental controls: My mom has parental controls on my phone..totally fine, but I can’t even update any of my apps without her Apple ID password. My mom doesn’t have time to go through all of my apps and update them, and she agreed to turn it off, but she has turned off every parental control and I still can’t update or redownload apps without her password. What do we do?"

-------

Screen Time is the Culprit:

Disable Screen Time, and then restart the device performing all of this.  Screen Time is found in Settings.

Try manually restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

Disabling Screentime:

• Go Here: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  • As it Reads: "To change or turn off the passcode on your child's device, go to Settings > Screen Time and tap your child's name. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn Off Screen Time Passcode, and authenticate the change with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode."

Parental controls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.