Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 2019 retina LCD pink fringe at along edge of screen

In a white screen, this appears pink. It became noticeable several months ago.

The only solution is probably a LCD replacement. But I have decided against spending. I would probably move back to Windows PCs in a couple of years.

I would like to ask the users in the community who have this issue - what long would it take before the screen becomes usable? Few more months or years?

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 3:11 PM

Dear iMac users

Anyway, anyone who has this issue, try leaving screen on at 75% maximum brightness for about 30 minutes. The discoloration faded, although I can still see a little bit of pink tint at the edge on a white screen.

Sharing my experience.

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 10, 2023 8:34 AM in response to tay292

Greetings tay292, 

What we can recommend, when experiencing a hardware issue is to have your device inspected by an Apple Authorized Service tech. They would be able to provide more information on what steps are available to resolve it and what the cost would be. Then you’d be able to determine if that is something you want to proceed with. Here’s a link to the Mac repair site where you can get started with that - Mac Repair & Service

As for speculating on the life of a computer/device; that’s not something we, within the community, nor Apple can predict for you. While a hardware issue can happen suddenly, do be sure to keep a backup of your data. The following article goes over the different ways to do that with additional links then that have the step by steps on how to - How to back up your Mac 

Thanks. 

Mar 25, 2023 11:10 PM in response to BDAqua

The screen was sensitive to heat. After using for a while the color fringing appeared but disappeared after shutting down

I guess these older iMac should be used in aircon environment and avoid exposure to indirect sunlight.

i could not edit the post about turning the brightness up. Nope this would not help.

not sure if those M1 iMac has such issue

iMac 2019 retina LCD pink fringe at along edge of screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.