Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration

Trying to migrate from an old iMac. Two users on that machine. Keeps telling me I’m not logged out of one of the users even after I select log out.

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 7:46 AM

Congratulations on the new Mac!

Restart both Mac computers, then try again: Move content to a new Mac - Apple Support.

If the issue persists, restore from your Time Machine backup: Restore your Mac from a backup - Apple Support. If you do not have a Time Machine backup, you should create one on your old Mac so it can be restored to the new Mac. To start, you need an external storage device. Here’s an excellent one: Crucial X8 1TB Portable SSD - Crucial. You can then follow the steps in this Apple Support article to set up your Time Machine backup: Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support.

Once your new Mac is set up with your data migrated, you should set up Time Machine again to keep continuous backups of your data: Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2023 7:46 AM in response to Melfruit

Congratulations on the new Mac!

Restart both Mac computers, then try again: Move content to a new Mac - Apple Support.

If the issue persists, restore from your Time Machine backup: Restore your Mac from a backup - Apple Support. If you do not have a Time Machine backup, you should create one on your old Mac so it can be restored to the new Mac. To start, you need an external storage device. Here’s an excellent one: Crucial X8 1TB Portable SSD - Crucial. You can then follow the steps in this Apple Support article to set up your Time Machine backup: Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support.

Once your new Mac is set up with your data migrated, you should set up Time Machine again to keep continuous backups of your data: Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

Jack

Migration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.