Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I change my apple ID (email addy) in my Iphone

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 7:43 AM

5 replies

Jan 10, 2023 9:14 AM in response to 1seahorsebob

Hi 1seahorsebob,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you'd like to change the email address associated with your Apple ID.

If you don't want to use the email address currently associated with your Apple ID, you can change it as outlined here: Change your Apple ID

"How to change your Apple ID to a different email address

1. Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in.
  2. In the Sign-In and Security section, choose Apple ID.

3. Enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID.

4. Choose Change Apple ID.

5. If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your email for a verification code, then enter the code. Learn what to do if you didn't get the email.

6. If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share with friends and colleagues, sign in to those services with your updated Apple ID."

Take care!

Jan 10, 2023 1:44 PM in response to 1seahorsebob

We appreciate you clarifying this for us, Bob,

You can add addition email accounts to your iPhone as outlined here: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

"How to set up your email account automatically

If you use an email provider like iCloud, Google, or Yahoo, Mail can automatically set up your email account with just your email address and password. Here's how:

1. Go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.

iPhone showing how to set up email account automatically

2. Tap Add Account, then select your email provider.

3. Enter your email address and password.

4. If you see Next, tap Next and wait for Mail to verify your account.

5. If you see Save, tap Save.

If you don't see your email provider, tap Other to add your account manually."

If you wish to remove an email account from your iPhone, this resource will guide you: Add and remove email accounts on iPhone

"Log out of or remove email accounts

1. Go to Settings  > Mail > Accounts.
  2. Tap the email account you want to remove, then do one of the following:
    • If you’re removing an iCloud email account: Tap iCloud, tap iCloud Mail, then turn off “Use on this iPhone.”
  • If you’re removing another email account: Turn off Mail.
    • Note: To remove the email account from all apps on your iPhone, tap Delete Account."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Jan 10, 2023 2:52 PM in response to 1seahorsebob

Hello 1seahorsebob,

You'll first need to sign out of the Apple ID that is currently signed in on your iPhone.

If that unwanted Apple ID is only being used for subscriptions and purchases, you can sign out by taping on your name at the top of Settings, then tapping on Media & Purchases, and then tapping on Sign Out. You can then sign in to the desired Apple ID. Keep in mind that any purchases made under the prior Apple ID can't be transferred to your current one.

If you are seeing that unwanted Apple ID email address at the top of the Apple ID menu, you need to scroll to the bottom and tap on the Sign Out option. This resource has more details on that process, for reference: Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

Hopefully that puts on you the path to using your desired Apple ID with your iPhone.

Take care.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.