Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I allow an app access to files in Mac OS 16, Ventura

How do I add an app to the list in System Settings/Privacy & Security/Files and Folders? As you can see in the screen capture, there is a minus "-" at the end of the list and I can remove file access for any of these apps, but there is no "+" to add a new app.

I've tried dragging apps onto this list, and I've spent a lot of time searching for such a feature, all to no avail. Anyone know how to do this in Ventura? My account I am attempting this from is an administrator.

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 12:03 PM

An app has to attempt to access a file is one of the protected folders before it can be added to the list.

If you want to preemptively add a file, you have to add it under "Full Disk Access".

2 replies

How do I allow an app access to files in Mac OS 16, Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.