Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extend iPad Pro Display on Samsung Smart Monitor.

I have an iPad Pro M2 running on 16.2 OS. When I connect my iPad to a Samsung Smart Monitor M7 I only have the option to mirror the screen. How do I extend the display for my iPad instead of just mirroring?

I use a Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Pro dock to connect the monitor and keyboard. It’s connected to a magic mouse via Bluetooth on the iPad.

I turned off iPad and restarted but it still doesn’t work. I unplug and plugged it in several times with the same outcome. On my monitor, I get the instruction to turn on screen mirroring on my iPad.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 3:40 PM

Having connected your external monitor, activate Stage Manager from the Control Centre (or directly from iPad Settings):

Turn Stage Manager on or off on your iPad - Apple Support

Then from iPad settings check that your display arrangement has Mirror Display set to OFF

Settings > Display & Brightness

3 replies

Extend iPad Pro Display on Samsung Smart Monitor.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.