Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Face display changes on sleep focus

I received an Apple Watch series 8 for Christmas. My watch face is set to Metropolitan. When it switches to sleep focus, the face changes to a digital display that shows only hour and minutes. I want a display that shows seconds.

How do I set it so it doesn’t change from my current face or can I change the sleep focus to use one that shows seconds?

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 1:44 PM

Thanks for your response. I guess my issue isn't with the "My Face". I see what you mean and that isn't my problem. I want to change the clock format when the watch is in "Sleep Focus", but it's the clock that first displays when you touch it. I just tap it to see the time and it displays hh:mm (in digital). Can I change this screen (whatever it is called) to hh:mm:ss?

Thanks,

Cindy

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2023 1:44 PM in response to Neil22R

Thanks for your response. I guess my issue isn't with the "My Face". I see what you mean and that isn't my problem. I want to change the clock format when the watch is in "Sleep Focus", but it's the clock that first displays when you touch it. I just tap it to see the time and it displays hh:mm (in digital). Can I change this screen (whatever it is called) to hh:mm:ss?

Thanks,

Cindy

Jan 10, 2023 5:29 PM in response to CindySue120

Hi CindySue120,

See the steps below for guidance in customizing your watch face while using Focus:

"You can choose a different watch face to display when each Focus is active. For example, when Work Focus is active, your Apple Watch can display the Simple watch face.

1. On your iPhone, go to Settings  > Focus.
  2. Tap Set Up next to a Focus or create a new Focus, tap Customize Focus, then tap Choose below the Apple Watch image.
  3. Select a watch face, then tap Done."

Use Focus on Apple Watch

Cheers.

My Face display changes on sleep focus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.