Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

merge/delete duplicate photos on imac

how do i merge/delete duplicate photos from the icloud photos library on my iMAC 24. i do not have a utilities tab on the sidebar.

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 11:24 PM

Merging Duplicates is only available in Photos 8 on macOS 13 Ventura. Which system version is installed on your Mac? Can the Mac be upgraded to Ventura, if it is still running an older system version? See the list of compatible models: macOS Ventura is compatible with these computers - Apple Support

Upgrade to macOS Ventura - Official Apple Support

See this page in the Photos User Guide for details on the duplicate detection in Photos 8: Remove duplicate photos in Photos on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

If your iCloud Photos Library is large, it may take several days, even weeks after the upgrade to Ventura before Photos will have scanned the library fully and the Duplicates album will be shown. This will depend on the size of the Photos Library.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2023 11:24 PM in response to Handyboo

Merging Duplicates is only available in Photos 8 on macOS 13 Ventura. Which system version is installed on your Mac? Can the Mac be upgraded to Ventura, if it is still running an older system version? See the list of compatible models: macOS Ventura is compatible with these computers - Apple Support

Upgrade to macOS Ventura - Official Apple Support

See this page in the Photos User Guide for details on the duplicate detection in Photos 8: Remove duplicate photos in Photos on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

If your iCloud Photos Library is large, it may take several days, even weeks after the upgrade to Ventura before Photos will have scanned the library fully and the Duplicates album will be shown. This will depend on the size of the Photos Library.

merge/delete duplicate photos on imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.