Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my iPhone 12 Pro Max and bought iPhone 14pro apart from few of the videos and pics which were taken a day before the incident all other videos and photos are restored how do I receive the lost ones ?

how do I restore the photos and videos which were captured a day before the the phone got lost

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 11:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 12:18 AM

Where was your backup?

It depends on the last backup date and time. Any data after the backup was taken will be lost. This is true for both iCloud and iTunes Backup.

If you had enabled iCloud photos then they are neither in iTunes Backup nor on iCloud Backup.

If you use the same Apple ID on the new device, all the Photos and videos synced last with the old device will be available on the new one too. Again when did it sync last is the question you need to answer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2023 12:18 AM in response to soumya276

Where was your backup?

It depends on the last backup date and time. Any data after the backup was taken will be lost. This is true for both iCloud and iTunes Backup.

If you had enabled iCloud photos then they are neither in iTunes Backup nor on iCloud Backup.

If you use the same Apple ID on the new device, all the Photos and videos synced last with the old device will be available on the new one too. Again when did it sync last is the question you need to answer.

I lost my iPhone 12 Pro Max and bought iPhone 14pro apart from few of the videos and pics which were taken a day before the incident all other videos and photos are restored how do I receive the lost ones ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.