Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Firestick 4k and apple TV app

Anyone resolved the issue of verification failed error when trying to log into apple TV? Using 4k firestick and works on all my other ones but not this

FireTVStick4K(2018)/Soundbar(2019),

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 11:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 6:48 PM

1. Verify that your Roku has the correct date and time and timezone, as Apple may be more strict about that (TLS) than other content providers. 
  2. Check for Fire TV software updates.
  3. Check for Apple TV app updates, if not set to do so automatically.
  4. Try resetting the Apple TV app.
  5. Try deleting and re-installing the Apple TV app.
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2023 6:48 PM in response to abudhabikev

1. Verify that your Roku has the correct date and time and timezone, as Apple may be more strict about that (TLS) than other content providers. 
  2. Check for Fire TV software updates.
  3. Check for Apple TV app updates, if not set to do so automatically.
  4. Try resetting the Apple TV app.
  5. Try deleting and re-installing the Apple TV app.

Feb 1, 2023 10:20 PM in response to abudhabikev

I'm running into the same issue. I've tried Firestick updates, uninstalling and reinstalling Apple TV, clearing the cache, restarting the Firestick, unplugging and plugging the Firestick in again, etc. Nothing worked.

Silly but true, I am planning to purchase a new iPhone and taking advantage of the 3 months free Apple TV, but this is holding me back.

Feb 14, 2023 8:59 AM in response to abudhabikev

No. I have the same problem and am beyond frustrated. After researching the problem, reading countless posts with a wild variety of suggestions just short of balancing on one leg while typing in my password :-), restarting TV/Firestick/app countless times, uninstalling and reinstalling app, changing Apple ID password -- I've given up and am returning the Firestick 4K. The picture was great, but it's not worth the frustration. I'm going back to my old fire stick (which worked just fine) until the engineers can figure this out. All of my other apps worked just fine. Why on earth can't Amazon & Apple fix this?

Firestick 4k and apple TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.