Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Magnetic Apple Watch Strap Bad?

Recently I bought an Apple Watch magnetic strap. However I did an online research due to curiosity. It says that generally magnetic strap does not harm human health but patients with pacemaker and insulin pump should be more careful.

It also says that the compass in the Apple Watch could be interfered. I wonder anyone faced any problem after using the magnetic strap?

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 9

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 8:15 AM

No an Apple magnetic strap is NOT bad. The magnet in the band is not very strong and unless you placed it directly on the chest of a someone with a pacemaker, it would not effect their health if you are nearby. It is true that it can impact the accuracy of the compass. If you use the compass a LOT, then a band with a magnetic clasp may not be the best option for you. Do you use the compass a lot?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2023 8:15 AM in response to SG_Airbender

No an Apple magnetic strap is NOT bad. The magnet in the band is not very strong and unless you placed it directly on the chest of a someone with a pacemaker, it would not effect their health if you are nearby. It is true that it can impact the accuracy of the compass. If you use the compass a LOT, then a band with a magnetic clasp may not be the best option for you. Do you use the compass a lot?

Jan 9, 2023 3:53 PM in response to SG_Airbender

Well, the compass is honestly the only thing the magnetic clasp can impact. The bottom line is if you are concerned about this, don't buy or use a band with a magnetic clasp. I have several which have magnets in the clasp and have absolutely no fears wearing them. And I do work around people who have pacemakers. Me being near them has NEVER caused an issue.

Is Magnetic Apple Watch Strap Bad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.