Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ask to Buy

'Ask to buy' isn't sending notifications for approval to the 'organizer' We've been using it for years without issue. I also tried turning off the 'ask to buy' function but my daughter's phone still requires her to ask for approval (and I don't receive a notification for the request).

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 4:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 5:45 AM

If you have followed all the steps and instructions in Related Article: If Ask to Buy isn't working and if you still need help, get more help and assistant from Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

2 replies

Jan 9, 2023 7:24 AM in response to Heatwimp

Hello Heatwimp,

Recently there's been an issue with ATB notifications not arriving at certain devices, so I'll start with an undocumented possible solution mentioned by several people where editing the name of a mobile device worked for them:

Settings > General > About > Name

Change the name

Then "Done" and retry.

Otherwise If Ask to Buy isn't working, read the suggestions in the document: If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support about looking for the request in Messages or Notification Center.

Make sure notifications haven't been disabled. This article discusses notifications: Use notifications on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

and this one Change notification settings on iPhone - Apple Support

Make sure the software is up to date on all devices involved.

Sometimes it helps to have the devices involved take a fresh look at settings:

● Try signing out of accounts and back in again.

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

● Restarting is a simple step that can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support then choose your model.

iPad: Restart your iPad - Apple Support

Mac: Ways to start up your Mac - Apple Support

If a problem persists, particularly over several days, try contacting Apple for assistance:

Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

"See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Ask to Buy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.