Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to block someone from using find me app between IPhone?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 7:59 AM

Hello ~ Perhaps this will be of some help? Click link below…

Share or stop sharing your location - Apple Support*

Click on stop sharing your location Find my…

*You can stop sharing your location with a particular person by choosing that person in the People tab, then scrolling down and choosing Stop Sharing My Location. Or you can stop sharing with everyone by turning off Share My Location in the Me tab.

If the Find My app has been deleted from your device, you can turn off Location Services (go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services) to ensure your location isn’t being shared, then download the Find My app from the App Store again.

Important: If you initially shared your location from iMessage rather than Find My and stop sharing, the person you stop sharing with may receive a banner in iMessage that you’ve stopped sharing your location. If you began sharing from Find My, and then stop sharing your location through Find My the person won’t be able to see you on their list of friends. If you reenable sharing, they get a notification that you’ve started sharing your location with them.

~Katana-San~

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2023 7:59 AM in response to Cbmb4

Hello ~ Perhaps this will be of some help? Click link below…

Share or stop sharing your location - Apple Support*

Click on stop sharing your location Find my…

*You can stop sharing your location with a particular person by choosing that person in the People tab, then scrolling down and choosing Stop Sharing My Location. Or you can stop sharing with everyone by turning off Share My Location in the Me tab.

If the Find My app has been deleted from your device, you can turn off Location Services (go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services) to ensure your location isn’t being shared, then download the Find My app from the App Store again.

Important: If you initially shared your location from iMessage rather than Find My and stop sharing, the person you stop sharing with may receive a banner in iMessage that you’ve stopped sharing your location. If you began sharing from Find My, and then stop sharing your location through Find My the person won’t be able to see you on their list of friends. If you reenable sharing, they get a notification that you’ve started sharing your location with them.

~Katana-San~

Jan 9, 2023 8:49 AM in response to Cbmb4

Cbmb4 wrote:

Find Me is opt-in, not opt-out. Each user has to opt-in to allow another user to find that user, either explicitly with each user involved, or by becoming part of a Family Sharing group and explicitly enabling location sharing with family members. If you no longer wish a user to have your location, opt-out and remove your sharing for them. (Above Katana-San answer and links are good.)

If you are sharing an Apple ID, then location will be available.

Other apps can be installed on your iPhone and used for tracking.

If you do not or can not trust your install, or have other concerns or are in a changing environment, there are options including Safety Check and Emergency Reset.

Limit access checklist

Stop sharing checklist

Manage location sharing checklist

Safety Check Emergency Reset

Personal Safety User Guide - Apple Support (there’s a PDF there with lots of good info)

And for completeness, if you’re using a child Apple ID and in Family Sharing with parental controls enabled, or are using a supervised device owned by an organization, you can be set for sharing your location and cannot opt out, short of shutting down the iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.