Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am still getting an unkown error occured (4013), is there anything else I can do to fix this problem?!

I am still getting an unkown error occured (4013) after I tried to update it thru iTunes, is there anything else I can do to fix this problem?!

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 9:16 AM

dvarenhorst@satx.rr.com wrote:

I am still getting an unkown error occured (4013) after I tried to update it thru iTunes, is there anything else I can do to fix this problem?!

Yes, follow all steps here If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2023 9:16 AM in response to dvarenhorst@satx.rr.com

Yes, follow all steps here If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Jan 9, 2023 9:49 AM in response to dvarenhorst@satx.rr.com

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. I've already followed the Apple Support website you've given. Unfortunately, it is still a problem. I've tried updating multiple times now.

Would you have any additional suggestions?

And what did Apple support say when you contacted them as outline in the link you already followed?

Jan 9, 2023 10:56 AM in response to razmee209

Ahh you caught me there... I did go to the support site but it asked for my serial number... I put in my serial number for my iPad, but it says that it doesn't see that the id is for my machine. I'm pretty sure I registered it when I got it a couple years ago, but I have no clue as of today. That is where I got stuck.

I am still getting an unkown error occured (4013), is there anything else I can do to fix this problem?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.