Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wake up a remote Mac mini

Hi,

Does anyone know a way to make up a Mac mini with OSX Ventura that is in sleep mode?

Kind regards,

Onzem

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 11:45 AM

Disable sleep’s, it not necessary on later Macs, all pain, no gain.. Use these settings:

Displays > Advanced

3 replies

Jan 11, 2023 11:35 PM in response to hcsitas

Hi,

Thanx for your swift reply (Im not that fast), but how if I'd want to get my Mac to sleep and wake it when it's needed? Although my Mac is very efficient, my electricity bill is high and would like to get my devices at sleep when they are not needed, like all my other machines (like my Windows en Linux PC's that have this function).

Kind regards,

Onzem

Jan 12, 2023 12:15 AM in response to Onzem

Sleeping on later Macs has negligible impact on power because there aren't any mechanical drives on them. Furthermore, waking sleeping Macs have been known to cause all kinds of issues including application crashes.

To save power during long absences/overnights, shut. Otherwise, turning the displays off on timer is more than sufficient.

Wake up a remote Mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.