Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo albums

In the past I have created a number of albums in 'My Albums' and then added individual photos to the new album. Simple. Today, when I click the + sign next to My Albums, nothing happens. In the past a new box would appear under My Albums which I would then name and add to.

I have spent over an hour on this so any suggestions welcome.

iMac

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 1:47 PM

What OS are you using? In any case, the first things to try are these:

• Restart the computer (of course)
  • Rebuild your Photos Library--close Photos and re-launch by option-command-clicking the app icon.
  • Make a new user and see if the same problem recurs with it
  • Use another library if you have one, or make a small test Library with a few pictures in it and see if the same thing happens.
  • Start in Safe Mode (different for different computers) This bypasses certain potentially disruptive processes.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support 

One of these steps may fix the problem, but their failure to work is also diagnostic.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2023 1:47 PM in response to Marlow49

What OS are you using? In any case, the first things to try are these:

• Restart the computer (of course)
  • Rebuild your Photos Library--close Photos and re-launch by option-command-clicking the app icon.
  • Make a new user and see if the same problem recurs with it
  • Use another library if you have one, or make a small test Library with a few pictures in it and see if the same thing happens.
  • Start in Safe Mode (different for different computers) This bypasses certain potentially disruptive processes.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support 

One of these steps may fix the problem, but their failure to work is also diagnostic.

Photo albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.