Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch battery

I have a series 7 and my battery is draining so fast, it was at 100% and after 20 minutes it’s down to 83%, what’s going on? I don’t want to be charging my watch a few times a day.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 12:42 PM

Watch uses a LOT of battery

First check for damaged battery...

Charge the watch to 100% at bedtime.

Take it off charge,

Turn it OFF - hold in side button til you see the sliders and tap the tiny off button, top right. Confirm off with slider. 

In the morning turn it back on and it should be at least 95%. If NOT then the battery is damaged.

If the battery is OK then unpair the watch and then pair it again.

Test the watch for a day.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Set up your Apple Watch

If it still discharges unpair it and pair it again without restoring the backup.

Check that the iPhone is not using any security apps or VPN that can affect apps on the Watch. You don't need any of them and they can be incompatible with iOS16 on the phone.

see also

Apple Watch - Battery - Apple

Batteries - Maximising Performance - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2023 12:42 PM in response to Darkness85

Watch uses a LOT of battery

First check for damaged battery...

Charge the watch to 100% at bedtime.

Take it off charge,

Turn it OFF - hold in side button til you see the sliders and tap the tiny off button, top right. Confirm off with slider. 

In the morning turn it back on and it should be at least 95%. If NOT then the battery is damaged.

If the battery is OK then unpair the watch and then pair it again.

Test the watch for a day.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Set up your Apple Watch

If it still discharges unpair it and pair it again without restoring the backup.

Check that the iPhone is not using any security apps or VPN that can affect apps on the Watch. You don't need any of them and they can be incompatible with iOS16 on the phone.

see also

Apple Watch - Battery - Apple

Batteries - Maximising Performance - Apple

Apple Watch battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.