Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV not showing shared home library

I can put movies and TV shows on my MacPro 2019, and I can stream them on my iPad on the same network - section appears showing “EDIT’s Library” where I can see everything I have added to the AppleTV+ app on my Mac). But the AppleTV does not show any of my Home Sharing. It shows Recent Purchases, Movies, TV Shows, Family Sharing (just like my iPad) but. no “Edit’s Library”. A

Yes Home Sharing is turned on everywhere. Yes everything is the same account. I’d gone through all the community posts and Google searches. I’ve compared the settings on the iPad and AppleTV. It should work but it does not.

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 8:35 AM

Thank you. That was driving me nuts. That said, it's not the kind of interface design choice I expect from Apple. I can't think of any reason the interfaces shouldn't behave the same way in all devices and my ATV needs to be the exception.

2 replies

Apple TV not showing shared home library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.