Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Cash can’t verify me and never given option to upload ID

Apple Cash/ Green dot bank can’t verify me and I don’t know why. I never even got to submit my ID . How do I find out why this is happening ?

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 11:40 AM

Hello Jessicab043,

According to the resource you came from: Identity verification for Apple Card or Apple Cash

How to verify your identity for Apple Cash

1. Go to your card info:

- iPhone: Open the Wallet app, tap your Apple Cash card, tap the More button the more button, then tap Card Details the card details button.

- iPad: Open the Settings app, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, then tap your Apple Cash card.

- Apple Watch: Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, then tap your Apple Cash card.

2. Tap Verify Identity.

3. Follow the onscreen steps. When capturing your driver license or state ID card, use these tips:

- Place your card on a dark background.

- Capture all four corners of your card.

- Make sure that there's nothing between your device's camera and the card that would obscure it.

The first time that you verify your identity, you might be asked for this information:

- Your full name
- Your Social Security number
- Your date of birth
- Your home address
- Answers to questions regarding your personal history
- An image of your valid driver license or state ID card

To use all the features of Apple Cash you must verify your identity.

If you enter the wrong information, try to verify your identity again. If you don't see the option to verify your identity, contact Apple Support.

* You should enter a home address. If you enter a post office box, your account will be restricted. Contact us.

* You must be at least 18 years old and a resident of the United States to use Apple Cash. If you're under 18 years old, your family organizer can set up Apple Cash for you as part of Apple Cash Family. Apple Cash services are provided by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Learn more about the Terms and Conditions.

As mentioned above, you might be prompted to provide the information above. However, it may also not be required to do so, this may depend on your region. Keep in mind, the Apple Card is only available in the US.

Let us know if this helps out or not, take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2023 11:40 AM in response to Jessicab043

Hello Jessicab043,

According to the resource you came from: Identity verification for Apple Card or Apple Cash

How to verify your identity for Apple Cash

1. Go to your card info:

- iPhone: Open the Wallet app, tap your Apple Cash card, tap the More button the more button, then tap Card Details the card details button.

- iPad: Open the Settings app, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, then tap your Apple Cash card.

- Apple Watch: Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, then tap your Apple Cash card.

2. Tap Verify Identity.

3. Follow the onscreen steps. When capturing your driver license or state ID card, use these tips:

- Place your card on a dark background.

- Capture all four corners of your card.

- Make sure that there's nothing between your device's camera and the card that would obscure it.

The first time that you verify your identity, you might be asked for this information:

- Your full name
- Your Social Security number
- Your date of birth
- Your home address
- Answers to questions regarding your personal history
- An image of your valid driver license or state ID card

To use all the features of Apple Cash you must verify your identity.

If you enter the wrong information, try to verify your identity again. If you don't see the option to verify your identity, contact Apple Support.

* You should enter a home address. If you enter a post office box, your account will be restricted. Contact us.

* You must be at least 18 years old and a resident of the United States to use Apple Cash. If you're under 18 years old, your family organizer can set up Apple Cash for you as part of Apple Cash Family. Apple Cash services are provided by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Learn more about the Terms and Conditions.

As mentioned above, you might be prompted to provide the information above. However, it may also not be required to do so, this may depend on your region. Keep in mind, the Apple Card is only available in the US.

Let us know if this helps out or not, take care.

Apple Cash can’t verify me and never given option to upload ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.