Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Messages

Recently, I paired an Apple Watch Series 4 to my iPhone XS Max. All the other functions work normally, but whenever I send text messages from my watch, it shows duplicate texts on my iPhone.

On my iPhone, my messages appear to be sent to myself. Is there a way to fix this issue so I don't see these duplicate messages?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 4:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 1:36 PM

Hey datticus,

That's an odd issue indeed. Since noticing this behavior, have you restarted both your iPhone and Apple Watch to see if fresh connections resolve this? If not, take a moment to do that now:

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If the behavior continues, let us know more to help narrow this down:

• Because menu options can vary, which software versions show on your Apple Watch and paired iPhone? To find out, tap Settings > General > About on both devices.
  • Does the same behavior happen if you start a new thread and send a new text message?
  • Is this happening with SMS, iMessages, or both? Here's how to know the difference, just in case: What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support

Keep us posted.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2023 1:36 PM in response to datticus

Hey datticus,

That's an odd issue indeed. Since noticing this behavior, have you restarted both your iPhone and Apple Watch to see if fresh connections resolve this? If not, take a moment to do that now:

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If the behavior continues, let us know more to help narrow this down:

• Because menu options can vary, which software versions show on your Apple Watch and paired iPhone? To find out, tap Settings > General > About on both devices.
  • Does the same behavior happen if you start a new thread and send a new text message?
  • Is this happening with SMS, iMessages, or both? Here's how to know the difference, just in case: What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support

Keep us posted.

Take care!

Apple Watch Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.