Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off two factor authentication for Apple ID?

Hi I want to know how to turn off two factor authentication of Apple ID? I don't have an Apple device. I want to do it from web browser. How can I do?

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 10:07 AM

Hello musfequr,

I see you want to disable two-factor authentication. For some background I suggest you read the document: "Two-factor authentication for Apple ID" - Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

From this document:

"If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off."

Two-factor authentication is enabled by default on new Apple IDs and cannot be turned off.

If you have an account where you only very recently activated Two Factor Authentication, note this section of the Apple support article -->

"If you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. If you do, your account is less secure and you can't use features that require a higher level of security."

Note that if you did indeed recently turn it on then you should check your email. If you don't see one, look in your junk folder.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2023 10:07 AM in response to musfequr

Hello musfequr,

I see you want to disable two-factor authentication. For some background I suggest you read the document: "Two-factor authentication for Apple ID" - Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

From this document:

"If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off."

Two-factor authentication is enabled by default on new Apple IDs and cannot be turned off.

If you have an account where you only very recently activated Two Factor Authentication, note this section of the Apple support article -->

"If you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. If you do, your account is less secure and you can't use features that require a higher level of security."

Note that if you did indeed recently turn it on then you should check your email. If you don't see one, look in your junk folder.

Jan 10, 2023 7:26 AM in response to musfequr

Sorry, this is a user to user forum only, and not the official Apple Support.

However, the Two-Factor Authentication can only be disabled two weeks after you did enable it:

• On the web: Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Answer your security questions, then tap Continue. Tap Continue when you see a prompt to upgrade account security. Then tap Upgrade Account Security and follow the onscreen instructions.

If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off. If you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. If you do, your account is less secure and you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

copied from: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

How do I turn off two factor authentication for Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.