Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share WiFi using Hotspot with iPhone 13 Pro IOS 16.2

Hello Apple users,

With Android, you can share your wifi via hotspot. How can you do it via my iPhone WITHOUT using the Data plan on the phone? Can it be done? Even through Bluetooth or is there a Tether App that can be used?

Why? Well, I get access on my phone at certain hotspots but cannot have access on my Mac and therefore sharing the wifi through tether/hotspot would be very convenient.

Let me know

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 6:53 AM

You can not connect to a WiFi network and then share that WiFi network connection via your phone. That’s not what the personal hotspot does. The Personal Hotspot shares your iPhone’s cellular data connection with other devices.

Unless the WiFi network you want to connect to is managed to only allow specific devices to connect, there shouldn’t be a reason you can’t connect your Mac to it. If it is managed in that way, trying to circumvent the restriction is a good way to get yourself completely banned from that network…

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2023 6:53 AM in response to GioUno

You can not connect to a WiFi network and then share that WiFi network connection via your phone. That’s not what the personal hotspot does. The Personal Hotspot shares your iPhone’s cellular data connection with other devices.

Unless the WiFi network you want to connect to is managed to only allow specific devices to connect, there shouldn’t be a reason you can’t connect your Mac to it. If it is managed in that way, trying to circumvent the restriction is a good way to get yourself completely banned from that network…

Share WiFi using Hotspot with iPhone 13 Pro IOS 16.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.