You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automation for sending photos not working as intended…

Hey everyone,

So, I am someone who forgets birthdays all of the time and I recently discovered shortcuts and automations. When I did I thought “Woah! This is exactly what I need!” I am trying to automate sending a gif to my brother on his birthday every year and when I tested it out it brings me to a screen that prompts me to send it. When I do this for holidays and send a text it does it automatically and just notifies me when it’s done. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong here. I have iOS 16.2.

That’s the shortcut.

That’s the result when I run it with an automation or without, i.e. directly via the short cut.

That’s my automation.

Thanks everyone!

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 7:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 8:07 AM

"Send Message" via an automation is one of several actions viewed by Apple as a potential security risk if allowed to run completely automatically. They are triggered automatically, but will ask you for confirmation before actually running the automation:

• Arrive
  • Leave
  • Before I Commute
  • Email
  • Message 👈🏻👈🏻
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth

Enable or disable a personal automation in Shortcuts on iPhone or iPad

õ¿õ¬

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 10, 2023 8:07 AM in response to i-am-not-a-robot

"Send Message" via an automation is one of several actions viewed by Apple as a potential security risk if allowed to run completely automatically. They are triggered automatically, but will ask you for confirmation before actually running the automation:

• Arrive
  • Leave
  • Before I Commute
  • Email
  • Message 👈🏻👈🏻
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth

Enable or disable a personal automation in Shortcuts on iPhone or iPad

õ¿õ¬

Automation for sending photos not working as intended…

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.