Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this email I received about my Apple ID a scam?

01/10/23 08:09

"Your Apple ID has been locked.

We have locked your Apple ID because our service has detected two unauthorized devices.

To unlock your account you required to verify your Apple ID.

Click the link below to unlock your Apple ID.

Your account will be automatically unlock, after finishing the verification.

Copyright c 2023 Apple Distribution International, Hollyhill Industrial Estate, Hollyhill, Cork, Irlande. All rights Reserved"

Each line is a paragraph, the link is blue and underlines.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 12:05 PM

I am a new iPhone user, and did-not click the link.

You absolutely made the correct choice. Well played!

I typed the address in chrome as written and it appears the address is correct, and a real apple place, but they spelled Ireland correctly.

That address is publicly available on Apple's web site. See:

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple (UK)

The spammers probably cut/pasted it from the web site, likely why the spelling was not butchered along with the rest.

There was also multiple circles with a generic silhouettes at the very top saying "20 People"

Like this?:

That indicates that the scammers sent the same message to a group of people.

Also the link, now redacted as potentially dangerous by our Hosts, did not end in Apple.com

Your instincts worked well for you. Good job

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2023 12:05 PM in response to AcftDude

I am a new iPhone user, and did-not click the link.

You absolutely made the correct choice. Well played!

I typed the address in chrome as written and it appears the address is correct, and a real apple place, but they spelled Ireland correctly.

That address is publicly available on Apple's web site. See:

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple (UK)

The spammers probably cut/pasted it from the web site, likely why the spelling was not butchered along with the rest.

There was also multiple circles with a generic silhouettes at the very top saying "20 People"

Like this?:

That indicates that the scammers sent the same message to a group of people.

Also the link, now redacted as potentially dangerous by our Hosts, did not end in Apple.com

Your instincts worked well for you. Good job

Jan 10, 2023 11:48 AM in response to Allan Jones

Thanks for the response, I am a new iPhone user, and did-not click the link.

Thanks, my first post to the community :-)

Is this email I received about my Apple ID a scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.