Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to do a split screen on my Mac with Ventura 13.1. When I hover over the full screen button the Tile to the Left and Right are greyed out. Made sure that the Displays have spaces is turned on.

Trying to do a split screen on my Mac with Ventura 13.1. When I hover over the full screen button the Tile to the Left and Right are greyed out. Made sure that the Displays have spaces is turned on.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 12:47 PM

Hello 7782abc,

If the "Tile Window to Left of Screen" and "Tile Window to Right of Screen" options are grayed out when you hold your pointer over the green dot, that would mean the application you're currently in is in full screen. Press the "Exit Full Screen" option above "Tile Window to Left of Screen" and "Tile Window to Right of Screen". Once the application has been taken out of full screen mode, hold your pointer on the green dot again and the "Tile Window to Left of Screen" and "Tile Window to Right of Screen" options will become selectable.

Use two Mac apps side by side in Split View

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2023 12:47 PM in response to 7782abc

Hello 7782abc,

If the "Tile Window to Left of Screen" and "Tile Window to Right of Screen" options are grayed out when you hold your pointer over the green dot, that would mean the application you're currently in is in full screen. Press the "Exit Full Screen" option above "Tile Window to Left of Screen" and "Tile Window to Right of Screen". Once the application has been taken out of full screen mode, hold your pointer on the green dot again and the "Tile Window to Left of Screen" and "Tile Window to Right of Screen" options will become selectable.

Use two Mac apps side by side in Split View

Cheers!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.