Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text to Android stopped working

My new iPad is working fine…I’ve been texting to android phones with no issues. This morning, no changes were made, it stopped sending texts to android devices. I have turned the device on and off, turned airplane mode on and off, checked all my setting and nothing is out of sorts. Oh, my iPhone, which is pared with my iPad is still sending messages to Android.

How can I fix this?

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 4:02 PM

If you have an iPhone - and both iPad and iPhone are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID - to send SMS/MMS messages (green bubbles) from your iPad you must explicitly enable Text Message Forwarding for your iPad on your iPhone...

On your iPhone, verify these settings:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2023 4:02 PM in response to Aditchjumper

If you have an iPhone - and both iPad and iPhone are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID - to send SMS/MMS messages (green bubbles) from your iPad you must explicitly enable Text Message Forwarding for your iPad on your iPhone...

On your iPhone, verify these settings:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

Text to Android stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.