Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microphone

i have the orange dot showing and i know it means the microphone is being used, it says the phone app is using my microphone but i don’t have the app open and im not calling anyone. why is it showing and how can i get rid of it??

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 7:52 PM

antonia_f Said:

"microphone: i have the orange dot showing and i know it means the microphone is being used, it says the phone app is using my microphone but i don’t have the app open and im not calling anyone. why is it showing and how can i get rid of it??"

-------

Close All Apps:

The Microphone or Camera is in use. So, to disable this, force quit all of your apps: Close an App on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Learn About the Dot Here: About the Orange and Green Indicators in your iPhone Status Bar - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2023 7:52 PM in response to antonia_f

antonia_f Said:

"microphone: i have the orange dot showing and i know it means the microphone is being used, it says the phone app is using my microphone but i don’t have the app open and im not calling anyone. why is it showing and how can i get rid of it??"

-------

Close All Apps:

The Microphone or Camera is in use. So, to disable this, force quit all of your apps: Close an App on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Learn About the Dot Here: About the Orange and Green Indicators in your iPhone Status Bar - Apple Support

microphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.