Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I send bcc emails to a group

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 8:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 8:19 PM

Hello,

To send a bcc email to a group you would just need to add the bcc field (if not already showing) then add the group name to the field.

In Contacts groups are called "lists."

Address emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

"Send to group email addresses

If you use lists in the Contacts app—for example, for a book club or cycling team—you can send messages to a group.

1. In the Mail app  on your Mac, choose Mail > Settings, click Composing, then deselect “When sending to a group, show all member addresses.” 
  2. In an address field (such as To or Cc) of your message, type a list name.
  3. If you decide you want to use individual contacts instead of the list—maybe you want to omit a few people—click the arrow next to the list name, then choose Expand Group.

Tip: If someone in a list has multiple email addresses, you can choose which one to always use when you email the group. See Edit the distribution list for lists and Smart Lists.

Hide email addresses using Bcc

You can help protect the privacy of your recipients by sending your message so that “Undisclosed-recipients” is shown in the To field, instead of everyone’s email addresses.

1. In the Mail app  on your Mac, make sure the Bcc (Blind carbon copy) field is shown in the message window.
  2. If the field isn’t listed, click the Header Fields button  in the toolbar of the message window, then choose Bcc Address Field.
  3. Type your recipients’ addresses in the Bcc field.
  4. You can leave the To field blank."

I hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2023 8:19 PM in response to Dugoutprez

Hello,

To send a bcc email to a group you would just need to add the bcc field (if not already showing) then add the group name to the field.

In Contacts groups are called "lists."

Address emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

"Send to group email addresses

If you use lists in the Contacts app—for example, for a book club or cycling team—you can send messages to a group.

1. In the Mail app  on your Mac, choose Mail > Settings, click Composing, then deselect “When sending to a group, show all member addresses.” 
  2. In an address field (such as To or Cc) of your message, type a list name.
  3. If you decide you want to use individual contacts instead of the list—maybe you want to omit a few people—click the arrow next to the list name, then choose Expand Group.

Tip: If someone in a list has multiple email addresses, you can choose which one to always use when you email the group. See Edit the distribution list for lists and Smart Lists.

Hide email addresses using Bcc

You can help protect the privacy of your recipients by sending your message so that “Undisclosed-recipients” is shown in the To field, instead of everyone’s email addresses.

1. In the Mail app  on your Mac, make sure the Bcc (Blind carbon copy) field is shown in the message window.
  2. If the field isn’t listed, click the Header Fields button  in the toolbar of the message window, then choose Bcc Address Field.
  3. Type your recipients’ addresses in the Bcc field.
  4. You can leave the To field blank."

I hope this helps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.