Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desperately seeking answers on how someone hacked my iPhone.

I could really use someone’s help. A few months ago, my computer and my iPhone 11 were hacked. They left obnoxious messages in my computer registry that loaded every time I restart my computer(windows 10). They signed into my Facebook account and left me insulting messages as well. They changed my IPhone name, added notes into my iPhone profile that were insulting, added photos into my album that they edited, pin dropped my location as being in the Bermuda Triangle, stole a 40 page diary I had in Pages, stole photos, and even hijacked Siri where she started asking me questions!!! I have screenshots of them doing this! I called Apple. All I got was “ wow that’s unreal…” well, I’m tired of being told that. Can someone please help me. I need to know the level of the threat.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 12:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 1:16 AM

First of all, make sure that your Apple ID is secured, as this is the only way to get access to the data stored in iCloud and other Apple Services:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Then make sure to use a computer that has been checked for security issues to set your phone back to factory settings, as explained in this article:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

In case your backup contains data that has been compromised as well, set it up as a new device and fill in your personal data manually.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2023 1:16 AM in response to Dayws1979

First of all, make sure that your Apple ID is secured, as this is the only way to get access to the data stored in iCloud and other Apple Services:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Then make sure to use a computer that has been checked for security issues to set your phone back to factory settings, as explained in this article:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

In case your backup contains data that has been compromised as well, set it up as a new device and fill in your personal data manually.

Jan 13, 2023 7:12 PM in response to Ingo2711

I have done all that. Seems to have stopped the issue. However, I am more concerned on how it happened. I am kind of a loner. I never let others use my phone. I’ve never given out my Apple ID or password. I talked to someone at Apple, and she said the first thing that came to her mind was PEGASUS… but why? I am a nobody. I’m not a high profile target. I don’t have a criminal background. And yet, someone put in a lot of time and effort and money into “doing something “ to me that supposedly, can’t be done. They even put a .MOV FILE on my computer, of me whispering “foul language “ as I was getting bombarded with Trojans and viruses. Their obnoxious posts on my Facebook account indicated that they were listening to me for months…they even made fun of a song I only listened to once or twice back in march 2022. To be honest, I should probably get the darn million bucks they offer for someone that can legitimately hack an iPhone! My phones up to date, not jailbroken, was password protected, facial recognition protected, strong Apple ID password. Wi-Fi protected with a 14 character password. My computer had windows defender. I had no clue I was being hacked until they broke silence and told me straight up by putting a message into my registry. Here’s photos…

Jan 14, 2023 9:18 AM in response to Dayws1979

Entering a passcode to enable FaceID is required every time you restart your iPhone.

This is not a sign of somebody accessing your iPhone.

Also, if your location services have been turned off, the dropped pin can not show your exact position, it will show a rather random point.

As for your Windows PC, get it scanned for Malware by a Windows computer expert, to find out where this message comes from. Windows Defender might not be able to detect, if somebody got access to your computer somehow.

Desperately seeking answers on how someone hacked my iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.