Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem attaching photos to Twitter Tweets, commenced late December 2022

After years of successfully creating Tweets with up to 4 photographs uploaded to them using MacBook, I am finding it difficult to attach even one without a wholly unexpected problem arising.

I click the button that starts the 'Create a Tweet' process and type the 'text' part of the Tweet without issue, but when I upload a photo to it, the photo often requires scrolling down to get down to the part of a Tweet that enables you to Schedule or just Tweet the work-in-progress Tweet. If anyone wants to add a second photo to the Tweet, it is necessary to scroll down to the bottom of the screen to click on the Photo icon to commence things.

What I have been finding since late December is that scroll bar to the right of the uploaded photo no longer works on my MacBook whichever browser I use. Any attempt to use it comes back with a Twitter message asking whether I wish to 'Save or Discard' the Tweet. Saving it simply puts it in the 'Draft' tweets area, and any attempt to re-enter it and scroll down results in the same 'Save or Discard' process repeating.

I am mystified by this quite frankly as it never used to happen, I have tried it with new photos, and photos that were Tweeted successfully in the past, but with no luck.

The only photos that go through successfully are ones so small that they don't require scrolling down to get to the 'Tweet' or 'Schedule' or 'AddPhoto' buttons.

The photos are not massive to say the least, and I would be amazed if the Twitter system could not cope with them anymore.

I have NO problems sending Tweets with one or more photos from my Twitter account using the iPhone, which is my current (unwanted) workaround solution.

Anyone else out there with experience of this, and better still a solution?

I'm not a huge or even daily Twitter user, so it's just possible I missed something that happened since the change of ownership. But I would still like to use it successfully.

Hope that my powers of description explained the ptoblem. Thanks for your attention.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 2:27 AM

I had the same issue and what worked for me is using the tab button, there fore it goes over all the buttons until it reaches down below the picture. I hope this helps!

Similar questions

2 replies

Problem attaching photos to Twitter Tweets, commenced late December 2022

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.