Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get the imessages on my iphone to transfer to my ipad?

How do i get the imessages on my iphone to show up on my ipad air

iPad Air 5 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 7:08 AM

1. Set up text message forwarding
    1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
    2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.*
    3. Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone. If you're not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2023 7:08 AM in response to vtnicholson

1. Set up text message forwarding
    1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
    2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.*
    3. Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone. If you're not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.

Jan 11, 2023 7:09 AM in response to vtnicholson

Make sure both devices are logged in to the same Apple ID.

Then on your iPhone, go to Settings ➜ Messages ➜ Text Message Forward and make sure it's turned on, and your iPad is turned on there as well.

click the following link for more details. Link ➡️ Forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your Mac or iPad - Apple Support

How do I get the imessages on my iphone to transfer to my ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.