Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messenger app

Why did the app disappear from my phone and now I can’t download it

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 6:02 PM

Can you find the app in the App Store?

Next to the app, does it say Get, Download or Open?

The app may have ended up in the App Library. On your home screen, swipe left until you get to App Library. Find the Messenger app and drag it back to the home screen.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2023 6:02 PM in response to Ffffern

Can you find the app in the App Store?

Next to the app, does it say Get, Download or Open?

The app may have ended up in the App Library. On your home screen, swipe left until you get to App Library. Find the Messenger app and drag it back to the home screen.

Jan 11, 2023 6:23 PM in response to Ffffern

Okay, so at least it's NOT in the App Library.

Then close the app by swiping it away. If you have an iPhone with TouchID, double-tap the home button to get an overview of your open apps, and "swipe the App Store UP and away" - if you have an iPhone with FaceID, swipe up to the center of the screen, to to reach the same menu.

After that, turn off your iPhone. Wait a little, and turned on again. Then try to see if you can download the app in the App Store.

In the meantime, I have checked the status of Apple Services and there are no problems in the App Store.

Jan 11, 2023 6:14 PM in response to Ffffern

Next to the app inside App Store, does it say Get, Download or Open?

Try closing the App Store, then try turning your iPhone off and on again.

Go back and try downloading Messenger again.

Messenger app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.