Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Siri voice & media volume different

Me at 3am, feeding my newborn child: “hey siri, volume 10%”.

HomePod screams back: “OK I’VE SET THE MEDIA VOLUME TO 10%!”

1. Why on earth is the Siri voice volume different to media?!
  2. the lowest Siri voice can go (hey siri, speak quieter) isn’t quiet at all

i notice with shortcuts/automations I can preset/reset the media volume at, say midnight so it’s quiet again for the morning. Is this possible with voice volume?

matt

HomePod mini, 16

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 11:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 3:49 AM

Siri's volume can follow the media volume, be set independently, or can be set to adjust automatically. Try a long press on the HomePod in the Home app, then Accessory Details > Scroll all the way down > Accessibility > Voice Feedback > Automatically Adjust Siri Volume.

You can set a specific level with "Hey Siri, set your volume to X%" and "Hey Siri, what's your volume?" will get it to report on the current level. Your volume is Siri, volume or media volume is everything else, and the one you can control from say the lock screen. I don't think there is a way to automate changes for Siri volume.

tt2

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2023 3:49 AM in response to mattcd216

Siri's volume can follow the media volume, be set independently, or can be set to adjust automatically. Try a long press on the HomePod in the Home app, then Accessory Details > Scroll all the way down > Accessibility > Voice Feedback > Automatically Adjust Siri Volume.

You can set a specific level with "Hey Siri, set your volume to X%" and "Hey Siri, what's your volume?" will get it to report on the current level. Your volume is Siri, volume or media volume is everything else, and the one you can control from say the lock screen. I don't think there is a way to automate changes for Siri volume.

tt2

HomePod Siri voice & media volume different

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.