Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID gift card balance

Can you transfer gift card balances to your new Apple ID account?

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 12:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 6:13 AM

The Apple Support article: Check your Apple ID balance - Check your Apple Account balance - Apple Support says:

"About unused Apple ID balance

You can't redeem or return Apple Gift Cards, App Store & iTunes Gift Cards, or unused Apple ID balance for cash, except as required by law. If your jurisdiction allows for refund of redeemed gift balances, you can contact Apple Support [ Contact - Official Apple Support ] to request a refund."

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2023 6:13 AM in response to kschroed1237

The Apple Support article: Check your Apple ID balance - Check your Apple Account balance - Apple Support says:

"About unused Apple ID balance

You can't redeem or return Apple Gift Cards, App Store & iTunes Gift Cards, or unused Apple ID balance for cash, except as required by law. If your jurisdiction allows for refund of redeemed gift balances, you can contact Apple Support [ Contact - Official Apple Support ] to request a refund."

Jan 12, 2023 6:15 AM in response to Limnos

Okay, what I just posted was the official response which is kind of hard to follow. My reading of it is basically you cannot unless the balance was from a gift card and where you live (not many places from what I can tell) obliges Apple to refund unused gift card balance when requested. Then you would be have the cash back to do with as you please.

Apple ID gift card balance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.