Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE 2020 Speakerphone issue

I’ve never had this problem until recently. When I make a phone call and put it on speakerphone, the speakerphone will turn off randomly. I’m still connected to my caller but have to put the phone to my ear. I touch the speakerphone icon to turn it back on and it works for maybe 5 to 10 seconds but then does the same thing as stated above. Even when I talk to my caller without the speakerphone on, their voice will cut out for a few seconds and then come back on. I’ve reset my network settings and updated my phone to latest iOS software update. Also turned off phone noise cancellation in settings\accessibility\audiovisual tab and still have the same problem.

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 1:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 1:59 AM

If you have a hearing or sound issue on your device then please try some of these processes to set it right

1. If you have a distorted sound issue on your iPhone --> If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad
  2. If you are not able to hear the other person, click this...>If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound isn't ...
  3. If you only hear through speakerphone mode --> If your iPhone is stuck in headphone mode - Apple Support
  4. If the other person is not able to listen to you then please click this to identify the issue --> If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't ...

If the above options do not mitigate the issues then Contact your carrier and then Contact Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2023 1:59 AM in response to Garyk5

If you have a hearing or sound issue on your device then please try some of these processes to set it right

1. If you have a distorted sound issue on your iPhone --> If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad
  2. If you are not able to hear the other person, click this...>If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound isn't ...
  3. If you only hear through speakerphone mode --> If your iPhone is stuck in headphone mode - Apple Support
  4. If the other person is not able to listen to you then please click this to identify the issue --> If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't ...

If the above options do not mitigate the issues then Contact your carrier and then Contact Apple Support

iPhone SE 2020 Speakerphone issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.