Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Theres a problem with my ipad

hello! Im having a problem with my ipad, When im trying to download a specific app it tells me *There is a payment problem with a family member's previous purchase.

Ask the family organiser to update their payment details.* and when i tried to do what it said it didn't work so i tried to leave the family but still the same can anyone give me suggestions?

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 5:15 AM

If a message says 'billing problem with previous purchase' or 'verification required', read this document -->

If a message says 'billing problem with previous purchase' or 'verification required' - Apple Support

You get a billing problem message because there is a problem paying for something a person bought in the past and this needs to be resolved before Apple will let you make a new purchase, even free items. It isn't a problem with a specific item, it's with the payment method used by you, or -in the case of Family Sharing- the Family Organizer.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2023 5:15 AM in response to appleuser1125

If a message says 'billing problem with previous purchase' or 'verification required', read this document -->

If a message says 'billing problem with previous purchase' or 'verification required' - Apple Support

You get a billing problem message because there is a problem paying for something a person bought in the past and this needs to be resolved before Apple will let you make a new purchase, even free items. It isn't a problem with a specific item, it's with the payment method used by you, or -in the case of Family Sharing- the Family Organizer.

Theres a problem with my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.