Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm living in Belgium and a friend of mine wants to buy me an iphone (14pro) on apple.com my question is if I would be able to use the phone outside of the us (maybe its locked)?

I'm living in Belgium and a friend of mine wants to buy me an iphone (14pro) on apple.com my question is if I would be able to use the phone outside of the us (maybe its locked)?

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 6:49 AM

Your friend needs to purchase the phone in Belgium, or another European Union country since the phone would not have any warranty at all in Belgium or the E.U. if it were purchased in the U.S.

The bottom line.....always purchase the phone in the country in which it will be used most of the time.

3 replies

Jan 12, 2023 7:43 AM in response to natanel50

If you buy the phone from apple.com it will not be locked, however, it can only be ordered from and delivered to an address in the US that is not a freight forwarder. Please also see the other replies about no physical SIM and no warranty outside of the US. Orange and Ubibi support eSIMs in Belgium, there are some countries around the world (including in Europe) that do not.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.