Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disconnect Bluetooth when it already set to OFF?

iPhone is now giving a Bluetooth choice whether to answer a call on Speaker, iPhone, or my MacBook. None of the other devices are connected to Bluetooth (Bluetooth is OFF on all devices) while it is asking which audio feed I want. How do I cancel this inconvenient (and dangerous) distraction?

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 7:50 PM

IF Bluetooth is off on the phone then it has nothing to do with Bluetooth. The only question is the Mac; as I said, iPhone and Speaker are both devices on the phone itself. iPhone is the earhole near the top, and Speaker is the right grille on the bottom of the phone. And most likely you have some Continuity feature enabled that connects to the Mac, and it isn’t Bluetooth. It might be AirPlay.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2023 7:50 PM in response to hogosan

IF Bluetooth is off on the phone then it has nothing to do with Bluetooth. The only question is the Mac; as I said, iPhone and Speaker are both devices on the phone itself. iPhone is the earhole near the top, and Speaker is the right grille on the bottom of the phone. And most likely you have some Continuity feature enabled that connects to the Mac, and it isn’t Bluetooth. It might be AirPlay.

Jan 12, 2023 6:58 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks Lawrence, something isn't right. All other devices are set NOT to get calls from other devices and bluetooth is off to prevent it from linking to the car. Of course the MacBook doesn't have phone settings, so it is more likely a fault linked through bluetooth audio. The additional choices occurred right after the last update so I suspect that had something to do with the problem. Thanks again.

How do I disconnect Bluetooth when it already set to OFF?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.