Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

touch id doesn't work anymore

new iMac with latest Ventura 13.1 and my Touch ID on my keyboard quit working. Went into setting and tried to click the Touch ID and it wouldn't move to blue. Any Ideas?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 9:14 AM

captaa wrote:

new iMac with latest Ventura 13.1 and my Touch ID on my keyboard quit working. Went into setting and tried to click the Touch ID and it wouldn't move to blue. Any Ideas?

reference

If Touch ID isn't working on your Mac - Apple Support

No insight— M1/M2 mac —The best you can do if you have an issue— equivalent Shut down, close the lid 30 secs+ , reboot as normal.

If no resolve try SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anomalies.

Intel Mac—

Try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2023 9:14 AM in response to captaa

captaa wrote:

reference

If Touch ID isn't working on your Mac - Apple Support

No insight— M1/M2 mac —The best you can do if you have an issue— equivalent Shut down, close the lid 30 secs+ , reboot as normal.

If no resolve try SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anomalies.

Intel Mac—

Try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

touch id doesn't work anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.