You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My keyboard will not expand

How do I get my keyboard on iPad to expand? I tried the two fingers gesture and it did not work.

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 8:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 10:16 AM

To easily return the new Floating Keyboard to the normal on-screen keyboard presentation, use the two-finger “zoom” gesture (i.e., the reverse of the two-finger “pinch”).

If the Split Keyboard is restored instead of the full on-screen keyboard, you can either use two fingers (one on each of the two half-keyboards) and swipe the two halves together - or touch-and-hold the “keyboard” key, then slide your finger to the Merge & Dock option and release.

Use the floating keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Split and move the keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 12, 2023 10:16 AM in response to wilnerbolden3

To easily return the new Floating Keyboard to the normal on-screen keyboard presentation, use the two-finger “zoom” gesture (i.e., the reverse of the two-finger “pinch”).

If the Split Keyboard is restored instead of the full on-screen keyboard, you can either use two fingers (one on each of the two half-keyboards) and swipe the two halves together - or touch-and-hold the “keyboard” key, then slide your finger to the Merge & Dock option and release.

Use the floating keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Split and move the keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

My keyboard will not expand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.